Ethical Financial Planning
By CE Corner
Explore the intersection of financial planning, professional responsibility and ethical conduct in this video with presenter Steve Bridge of Money Coaches Canada.
The course helps equip financial advisors and planners to provide financial guidance, build strong client relationships and make a positive impact through financial planning while upholding FP Canada’s standards of professional responsibility. After taking the course, financial professionals will know:
- the importance of integrating FP Canada’s standards of professional responsibility into financial planning in ways that serve clients’ interests (26%)
- how to conduct meaningful conversations with clients to establish goals, and how such discussions reflect the standards of professional responsibility (20%)
- ways to provide clarity to clients about net worth and cash flow, and how doing so reflects the standards of professional responsibility (20%)
- how professional responsibility relates to retirement planning, such as when to begin CPP (17%)
- how professional responsibility relates to investment planning, such as discussing fees with clients (17%)
Steve Bridge is an advice-only CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional with Money Coaches Canada in Vancouver. He specializes in retirement and pension planning, financial planning, budgeting and cash flow planning, and financial wellness. In addition to acting as an expert source for multiple media outlets, he regularly speaks on a range of financial topics, including financial literacy.