AIMA Canada Wealth Advisor Summit: Alternative due diligence, manager selection and KYP/KYC alignment
By AIMA Canada
Advisors are increasingly turning to alternative investments for diversification, volatility protection and non-correlated returns.
AIMA Canada’s Wealth Advisor Summit is a 4-part virtual series to highlight the case for alternatives given the current market backdrop, dive deep into hedge funds, liquid alts and private credit and discuss key due diligence considerations for alternative products.
Topics to be discussed in this session are:
- Initial and ongoing due diligence: Top 20 questions advisors should ask managers
- Manager and strategy selection considerations
- Portfolio placement
- How CFR has enhanced KYC/KYP for advisors and what that means for alt products
- Sean O'Hara, Co-Founder, Chief Investment Officer & Lead Portfolio Manager, Obsiido Alternative Investments Inc.
- David Sum, Director, Alternative Income Group, Ninepoint Partners
- Garnet Anderson, Vice President - Senior Portfolio Manager, Tacita Capital Inc.
- Ewa Townsend, Director - Alternative Investments, BMO Private Wealth
Maxime Marton-Kimpton, Manager, Operational Due Diligence Specialist, Innocap
IIROC Cycle 9